The Science and Technology Program advances promising research and technological developments that have the potential to expand knowledge, improve health, and protect the environment.
With the rapid pace of innovation in science and technology, The Paul G. Allen Family Foundation strives to apply new ideas, discoveries, and information to complex regional and global challenges. In order to accomplish these objectives, the Foundation supports multidisciplinary projects with clearly defined goals and milestones, measurable impacts, and a strong potential for broad, long-term public benefit. Because projects address a wide range of topic areas, we work closely with grantees to develop implementation plans and performance metrics.
Specific areas of interest include the following:
- Development and applications of technology to protect the environment and mitigate climate change
- Research and study of the intersection of neuroscience and the human genome
- Development or deployment of technology to expand our knowledge of the universe
- Research that results in breakthroughs in medical research and our understanding of biological systems
- Land protection and conservation research, both regionally and globally, to maintain healthy habitats and support biodiversity
- The Allen Distinguished Investigator Program; click here for further information
Grant applications for Science and Technology are by invitation. Unsolicited proposals are not accepted.